Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sobriety

I am 14 days sober now after 25 years of daily drinking.  My anti-depressants have not kicked in yet, and because of my grumpiness, my wife is irritated with me.  She told me she’s learned a lot about me lately (not in a good way).  I’m in the middle of an extended military move (she’s in the Army).  Due to that, most of my meager possessions, including the two most therapeutic ones, my guitar and my exercise machine, are 1,000 miles away.  I have no proof that I am licensed to drive, so I can’t drive.  Also due to the move, I have been unemployed for months, and I have no idea when I will be able to complete the move and start looking for a job.  I’m helpless for now, but I have time to write, so I started this blog because the stuff I write about is not appropriate for Facebook.  Ha!  Cheers.  Clink. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment