Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stuff

George Carlin joked about how we accumulate "stuff."  Funny as hell because it's true.  But due to circumstances beyond my control I have been separated from my stuff for about three months, and it's actually wearing on me.  I miss my computer with my files and its speakers.  I miss my guitar.  I miss my bed.  I miss my clothes.

I love perusing you tube videos and listening to them through my loud speakers.  I can walk around and do stuff and hear music or lectures.  It gives me joy.  But now I'm using a tiny laptop that I have to lean forward into to hear.  I like doing the same with any other site, like Radiolab below.

Playing the guitar is meditative.  I will try and play one thing over and over and forget time and look up and hours will have passed.

My winter clothes got me through three years in Wisconsin and would be useful now.

And when I'm tired my bed is wide enough to roll around in whether it's God or the Devil chasing me in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment