Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting

Here's a list of things I have been waiting for over the last couple of years that were/are beyond my control. 

Waiting to meet my wife - 4 months.  Soon afterward, waiting for her to return from war- 10 months.  Waiting for her to then move to the US - 4 months.  Waiting to complete the move - 3 months.  Waiting  to get out of the psyche ward - 6 days.  Waiting for my psyche meds to kick in - 3 weeks.  Waiting for the movers to get my stuff - 3 months and counting.  Waiting to get proof of my driver's license - 1 month.  Waiting for the chance to start a job search - 5 months and counting.  Waiting for my wife's leave to arrive -  10 days and counting.  Waiting to have my next household to be set up - 3 months and counting.

What this all adds up to is that I've been waiting for at least a year and a half to begin Phase Two, and I'm still counting.

I'm a patient man, and all of these things are things WORTH WAITING FOR.  But it has a cummulative effect on the psyche, and given that I haven't even been able to look for a job yet, I'm sure it will continue.  Meanwhile, I'm waiting for a reduction in the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment